#
 
admin
users
site map
a little history

Toward the end of the nineteenth century, the community of Crozet grew up around a railroad station (now the Crozet Library) built to serve the students of Miller School. Members of neighboring Baptist churches organized the Crozet Baptist Church on September 8, 1903 to serve the new community. The first church building was dedicated on August 18, 1907.

For a number of years, our congregation was part of a field of churches which shared the same pastor. On April 1, 1949, the members of Crozet Baptist Church called Rev. Lee Saunders as their first full-time pastor.

In the early 1950's, Acme Visible Records and Morton Frozen Foods opened plants in Crozet, bringing many new people to the area. Crozet Baptist dedicated a new brick sanctuary in 1951 and a Sunday School building in 1955. The west wing of the church was added in 1961, the sanctuary was enlarged in 1983, and the children's education wing and the fellowship hall in 1994.

Today, Crozet has been designated as one of two population growth centers for Albemarle County. New homes and subdivisions are going up everywhere and many new families are making Crozet their home. 

Crozet Baptist Church is a vital Christian fellowship where young and old, male and female, all share fully in the worship and work of Jesus Christ. We hope you'll be our guest in the very near future.

Crozet Baptist Church - (434) 823-5171
5804 St. George Ave    Crozet, VA

info@crozetchurch.org